Client Operations Manager
The Client Operations Manager will be a customer-facing role responsible for ensuring the success of the company’s enterprise clients — from onboarding to growth to ongoing support. ReferWell works with some of the largest health care systems and payers in the United States and the Client Operations Manager will be expected to represent ReferWell while interfacing with the leaders of these companies. All implementations will have unique elements, and this role will be responsible for scoping each project and then working with the client and cross-functional teams within ReferWell to ensure the success of the project. This person we are looking for to fill this position will be able to manage multiple, months-long onboardings simultaneously. Moreover, s/he will be responsible for developing processes to scale our client-facing operations.
In addition to being customer-facing, this role will be responsible for overseeing internal operational effectiveness on their projects. This includes helping to build out our internal tracking and reporting capabilities and developing the systems and processes to improve the end user experience.
While working closely with other teams across the organization, including the leadership team, the right candidate for this role will be able to work well autonomously, make key decisions on their own, and manage their time/output with minimal supervision. The Client Operations Manager will report to the company’s Head of Operations. Over time, it is expected this position will manage a team of people but will start as an individual contributor role. Post-pandemic, we plan to have a hybrid in-office/ work from home model for our employees.
ReferWellTM is a venture-backed, rapidly growing, innovative, award-winning health technology company located in Stamford, CT. We are working hard to solve the last mile challenge in health care — scheduling patients, getting them to follow through with their appointments and helping specialists close the loop. Our vision is revolutionary health care delivery that effectively manages care. Our mission is to drive efficient care transitions through the last mile.
ReferWell has a dynamic and fast-paced start-up vibe, where contribution is more important than rank and results are everything. We have assembled a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find purpose in their work and support each other in the process.
ReferWell offers a comprehensive health plan and benefits plan. ReferWell is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetic information.
Primary Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Design and oversee client onboarding projects as primary client liaison and be responsible for client satisfaction.
- Determine a client’s specific needs, develop an appropriate project plan, and ensure the onboarding/ implementation stays on schedule.
- Learn and become an expert in the system’s capabilities; be able to demonstrate the system, resolve users’ issues, and engender confidence in users’ ability to use/maximize the system.
- Develop reports/ dashboards to track manage key product usage statistics and develop scalable processes to improve client’s adoption and use of the system.
- Work with the development team to define the future product road map based on client needs and revenue maximization.
- Work with the marketing team to ensure ReferWell is developing materials that serve our clients’ needs while simultaneously promoting ReferWell. This could include training guides, best practices, case studies, etc.
- Work closely with the leadership team to, based on the client experience, inform the sales process, business model and overall direction of the company.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to be unflappable and to remain poised in the face of client objections, tight deadlines, etc.
- Tenacity and proficiency at developing ‘trusted advisor’ status with customers and internal staff.
- Ability to think independently and problem-solve, including technical components, to satisfy client.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail through to issue completion; a thorough thinker.
- Strong professionalism in written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.